Financial Crime Prevention Training
European Headquartered Global Bank
The UK corporate banking division of a large multinational commercial bank engaged the Gracechurch Head of Training Services to provide expert advice and guidance on the formation of a new Financial Crime training programme, encompassing Money Laundering, Sanctions, Tax Evasion and Bribery & Corruption.
The resulting centralised training model delivered a sustainable training curriculum for the provision of targeted learning for all staff in high risk roles, including those staff in advisory and oversight functions.
Key successes of the programme included;
• Development of blended, targeted, activity-based training, delivered through e-learning and 100+ face-to-face training sessions;
• Specialist training for staff in Transaction Monitoring, Customer and Payments Screening and Advisory roles;
• Implementation of the role-based “Financial Crime Training Professionals Training Programme”, accredited by the International • Compliance Association;
• Video production of a “tone from the top” communication campaign to all staff;
• Creation of a “Financial Crime Knowledge Hub” disseminating industry articles to raise awareness;
• Skills measurement of all staff in Financial Crime related roles.
The Gracechurch Head of Training Services also helped create a highly skilled in-house training team which transitioned through the delivery lifecycle into business as usual roles, thereby ensuring the sustainability of all of the solutions delivered.